Thursday, March 18, 2010

Do not judge food by its price.

My mum took my family to Ms. Read for their english afternoon tea special. All in all, it was okay. I think we got the eating order wrong. We ate it from top to bottom, not the other way around, which its supposed to be =p In case you don't know what I'm talking about, the food is served in three plates, stacked up on a mini metal tower thing for plates. Uh-huh.

The bottomest plate was interesting. Some tasty thing with with duck's something in it. Nice, a little crunchy and the familliar texture of meat hidden inside. Then some sandwhiches with a little caviar, i think. Looked like caviar. Second plate gave me a headache. Because of the scones- thick biscuit-bread which you somehow slice open and put the jam. Too thick. taste buttery. Headache!

They gave some other biscuits too and chocalate truffles-hand rolled, apparently-plus chocalate dip. Them truffles were nice. My sister thought the cocoa powder was overly bitter. Nonsense, They were wonderful. Pure chocolate dough!

The last plate was a cake of your choice. We chose the Mango one. There's a bit of yoghurty feel about it when it goes into your mouth. Its sweet, but like mixed with a bit of bitter. Hard to put a finger on. Thick, though.

Sorry, no pictueres. i don't have a camera, and my phone died on me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment