Friday, July 2, 2010

Herd Mentality

I am about to start Maple again.

I think there will be people saying 'WTH?" after reading the above sentence. I was actually influenced to play again though, no thanks to Jessica, and since she had got a group of friends to play too in a new Malaysian server I figured I might as well join in.

Anyways, it will be a welcome distraction from Race Driver Grid; the races in there are getting more and more intense and hard, especially on the Pro leagues and the Global league. Need to concentrate really hard and drive really fast just to get third place.

But I don't think it's really a matter of skill. I think its more of grid position. Team Ravenwest is always on pole position, while me and my team mate are usually 6 places behind. Fighting my way up from that position is always adrenalin-filled, edge-of-your-seat moments and rushing into corners with nothing more that intuition, especially when your opponent dips his rear into the gravel and kicks up a cloud of dust. Even though I break the lap record on every lap, I still can't get past them. Its like they have the best of everything: grid position, cars, etc etc.

Enough of that though. Even though we are required to work hard, sometimes being lazy can also be beneficial. Therefore,

LAZY PEOPLE SCORE
Win:
No need to yank out pages that were stuck on the wrong pages when teacher give the wrong instruction beforehand.

No need to cry in agony when you can actually copy that super-long rangka karangan in your book as it is instead of copying it on the test paper first.

Less High blood Pressure

Healthier because body's functions are put on less strain

Waking up late and missing the bus that was hijacked by terrorists

Lose:
Grilling by teacher for not doing homework

Grilling by boss for reaching work late

The paper that you have not stuck may go missing

The bus may instead be hijacked on a later time, when you are on because you couldn't wake up

Arteries may be blocked because of not enough excercise.

CONCLUSION:
It's a tie! People should be selectively lazy or hardworking like a plasma membrane :D


Maple!!

No comments:

Post a Comment